Cinema Train has just been given its very first award! My site has been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Cinematic and in turn, I have to follow these six rules:
1. Each person must post eleven things about themselves
2. Answer the eleven questions the person giving the award has set for you
3. Create eleven questions for the people you will be giving the award to
4. Choose eleven people to award and send them a link to your post
5. Go to their page and tell them
6. No tag backs
11 Facts About Me:
1. My favorite CDs right now are Sigh No More by Mumford and Sons and El Camino by The Black Keys.
2. The Walking Dead and The Office are my favorite TV shows.
3. I’ve lived in four different U.S. states.
4. Cinema Train is my second try at blogging. I posted so inconsistently on my first blog that I decided to start a new one.
5. I’m participating in two blogathons this week.
6. I love camping and canoeing.
7. I’d rather watch NCAA football than NFL football.
8. I don’t follow MLB baseball, but Moneyball intrigued me so much that I followed last season all the way through the World Series.
9. One of my all-time favorite comedies is What About Bob? starring Bill Murray.
10. My favorite video game right now is Batman: Arkham Asylum.
11. My all-time favorite actor is Marlon Brando.
11 Questions from Cinematic:
1. What’s a movie that you think is terrible but you enjoy anyway?
I think Spaceballs and Monty Python and the Holy Grail are both very funny. Also, I saw Creature from the Black Lagoon when I was younger and actually really liked it.
2. What movie received positive reviews but you don’t like?
Of course, I’ve already said Rocky in my Movie Confessions post, but also, I really don’t want to watch Super 8 again. I think it was overrated and I don’t see anything special about it. It had a cool premise, but the rest of the movie is like an action-packed E.T.
3. Is there a movie which you disliked the first time but liked later?
I hated 2001 and now I think it is genius. Also, I didn’t like Vertigo, but now it’s one of my favorite Hitchcock films.
4. If you can meet any director/actor/producer, who would it be?
5. If you could change one award at the Oscars, which one would it be?
The Thin Red Line should have won Best Picture in 1998, but instead, Shakespeare in Love got the prize. I would change the recipient of that award.
6. If there was one movie you could watch over and over for the rest of your life, what would it be?
No Country for Old Men! I think I could also pick any of the other movies in My Top Ten.
7. What film would you like to see a remake of?
I’m not sure if there’s already a remake of this or not, but I want to see a remake of Marty (the movie starring Ernest Borgnine). Borgnine is awesome in it and the movie is very good, but I would like to see it completed with a better ending.
8. Do you refuse to watch any movie from a certain actor or director just because you didn’t like one of their films?
Not really. I might have said Robert Pattinson because of Twilight, but I’m planning on seeing Cosmopolis.
9. Who is your favorite director?
Probably Kubrick or Hitchcock, but there are others…
10. Which film do you wish had never been made?
It hasn’t come out yet, but I hate that The Bronx Bull, a sequel/prequel to Raging Bull is being made without Scorsese, De Niro, or Pesci.
11. What is your favorite moment in any film?
The first that comes to mind is the final sequence in The 400 Blows. Those moments leading up to that unforgettable parting shot are simply beautiful.
11 Questions for Nominees:
1. What is your favorite genre of film?
2. Who is your favorite director (or one of them)?
3. In your opinion, should Citizen Kane be known as the greatest movie ever?
4. Do you have a favorite professional movie critic? If so, who is it?
5. What was the last movie you watched?
6. What was one of your favorite movies as a child?
7. Have you ever met a famous person? If so, who was it?
8. What is your favorite movie-watching snack?
9. Who is your favorite musical artist?
10. What is one of your favorite movie trilogies?
11. Would you rather attend the Cannes festival or the Oscars?
I’ve noticed that a lot of the blogs I follow have also just received the Liebster in the last couple of days. So that leaves me with few blogs on my blogroll that haven’t already been chosen. Since I wouldn’t want to make anyone type out all those questions more than once, I’m only going to nominate these five movie blogs which have all been kind enough to read a few of my posts.
Thank you, Ckckred at Cinematic, for nominating my blog! It’s a big deal to receive a blog award and I truly appreciate being mentioned by a fellow blogger.